Tuesday, April 26, 2005

continuation of the nightmare

Today, I find that the leak that appeared to have returned, was a new item. The AC lines were plugged with debris which caused the lines to back up and leak fluid onto the car floor, so not a reoccurence of the first leak fixed in December. New battery installed. And since it was there anyways, test the AC system and refill any missing freon.

All told, just over $500 again. I'm now up to $3400 since December 1st on this car (not counting oil changes etc). Over $1100 of which I attribute to manufacturing quality issues, product quality issues (which is unacceptable) versus normal wear and tear (which I'm ok with paying for).

The ultimate smack in the face was the rude customer service manager from the GM Canada Service Center, and then one of their reprentatives recently trying to tell me that because I've not gotten all of my regular maintenance (oil changes etc) done at the dealership, that is why the rust problem happened and why they cannot help me.

Not only do I feel financially ripped off, I feel completely dropped by a large corporation that I have been loyal to, my entire driving life. Never again. Take note....their stock price is dropping like a rock for a reason. I'm not the only one that experiencing these nightmares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say rust is it on the brake drum?I ask this is the problem I am haveing at this time >the truck a 2002 gmc sonoma has a lot of brake noise> the dealer says it is because of rust in the rear parking brake.
Servise advisor says I must have been to the beach with the truck
wich I have not been to or puulled a boat with this truck.
The most off roading I have done is to pull into my front yard|

don_george said...

The rust was around the entry point for some of the interior heater components up behind the glove compartment.

GM has been building & selling cars in northern climates for 80+ years. You'd think they would have it figured out which metal alloys work best on salty roads.